Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The anticipation of “Big Bertha”

I’m catching up on some personal marathon training blogs. On Saturday July 26 Jenny and I took on the Waterfall Glen Xtreme 10. And what an xperience!

The Xtreme 10 course went cross-country adjacent to the Argonne National Laboratory in Waterfall Glen. The course was mostly crushed limestone. The highlight (as advertised) was just before mile 3 – Big Bertha – offering a 125-foot climb in a half mile. I love “lactic acid.” Interesting though, that with all the build up I was actually expecting much worse. Funny how the mind works.

I send out a big thank you to the volunteers who called out split times and manned the water stations out on the rugged course. I know it’s not an easy job out there.

We also enjoyed the post-race party catered by all the Sam’s Club vendors and sponsors.

No comments: